The Dress Hunt

So after seeing a bunch of friends starting to blog, I figure it must be fun. And they say I should defiantly get one after I get married so why not start a month before, the most stressful time for a bride. At first it was a struggle to pick the date, the place, the time, the bare necessities of planning a wedding. Once that was done it seemed like everything was falling into place. I picked out a dress I liked, flower arrangements, drew out a cake and began looking at decorations I liked. Ya every once in a while I would think about the money and tell myself no worries I am doing a cheap simple wedding. I mean we had Correy's brother doing our pictures, and his sister in law doing my hair, that cuts major costs. Then at the end of February Jake's camera got stolen, I thought oh crap what are we going to do for pictures, then I was informed that he had insurance and would soon be getting another, so once again the stress disappeared. Then within a week Jake and Melanie, my photographer and hairstylist, told me they wouldn't be able to make the wedding. Then that is when the stress started to come on. Oh no two more things to figure out and pay for with a month left. I got on the phone trying to make arrangements, before long I had another photographer and people offering to do my hair lined up. Phew got past that obstacle. Then the invitaions arrived, PERFECT! Absolutely love them, but one problem Correy and I haven't bought envelopes and can't find the right size anywhere but online and they either take too long to ship or there shipping costs more then the envelopes, what will we do? Who knows . . yet but we will be figuring it out shortly, or we might have some problems
I then realized wow my wedding is a month away I need to get more things set in stone, so I decided to go to a bridal fair I heard about on the radio, it was in Rexburg which was perfect because I needed to pick up my bridesmaid dresses. I then took Correy, and my matron of honor, Suzi, to Rexburg. The bridal show was fun I realized how much I was saving by getting using friends for the pictures and doing the flowers ourselves. Afterwards I felt confident that this wedding would be very affordable. So we headed over to the dress shop measurements in hand. I handed the lady the measurements and she told me what dress sizes we needed so we went and looked at them some of the sizes looked of so Suzi and I tried on dresses to best determine what dresses sizes where needed. We then decided on sizes and told the lady who went to the back to grab them. When she came back she informed us she didn't have one of the sizes nor could she order it in. I felt like crying what was I going to do. My mom told me to buy the dresses that I had and we would look at the other formal wear stores around. No one had a dress similar in the size we needed, they all told me they could order one in, so I asked how long shipping would take and they only told me they could rush it in 6 weeks. Now I do not have six weeks, what am I going to do? And the dress hunt begins. Can I get a dress in less then a month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Move or not to Move is the Question

We Are Pregnant!!!!

Nursery Under Construction