Our Puppy's Hospital Visit

So on Friday when I was driving home from work I was thinking about how I was going to have my full attention on Waffles and potty training her and getting her to understand simple commands. So when I got home I went to the back door to let her in and she was laying in her dog house and didnt want to come out. When I opened the door and called her she came over to me slowly. She looked deathly skinny and I know she wasnt like that yesterday and I called Correy to ask him if he forgot to feed her or something and he said that he fed her. So I decided to try and feed her again. She ate slowly and couldnt really stay standing and was really worrying me. I was hoping all she needed was some food and water and she would be back to her old self. But she only seemed to be getting worse so I called the vet and they said that it might be parvo and to bring her in right away. I hurried and gathered up some stuff and drove to the vet. They ran the parvo test and the good new is it wasnt parvo, but the bed news is we dont know what it is. He kept her overnight giving her iv fluid, antibiotics and steroids. The next morning we got a call telling us to come and pick her up because she was annoying the crap out of them. Which we knew meant that she was barking up a storm cuz she wanted to be held and played with. so we hurried over and she seemed to be doing great. She was given a prescription to take for a week. Now she has been home for a day, she still is sleeping alot and moving a little slow, but she still has her moments of hyperness so we know she will be just fine, after some rest and lots of food to plumpen her up. This just means she owes us 200 dollars and since she is purebred, we know that she will give us a litter of pups to pay us back.

Comments

  1. I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Move or not to Move is the Question

We Are Pregnant!!!!

Nursery Under Construction