Baby Update

So I have been really bad about updating do to being busy and technically issues. We had our 20 week appointment on July 29th and it went really well. Keegan was moving all around, almost a little too much, and the tech was getting mad at him for not staying still so that she could get her measurements. He is measuring 3 days ahead like he was before and was weighing 12 ounces. Everything looked great, we have a video of him moving around like crazy and all of our pics are kind of blurry so i am glad that we did the private ultrasound at 16 weeks, we got better pictures at that one. There was one thing that concerned them, which was that my cervix was only measuring at 2.23 cm, when it should have been 3 to 4 cm. Which meant that I was now high risk for preterm labor. (I think I wished for a November baby a little too hard.) She told me we would recheck at my next appointment, put me on pelvic rest and told me to take it easy. Here is a picture of me at 20 weeks, getting bigger, but no stretch marks yet, crossing my fingers.
and here is a picture of one of my ultrasound pictures, because my scanner keeps crapping out on me and I still havent been able to scan them in.
Then a week after my appointment we took a little trip to the ER because I was cramping and bleeding, and when we got there is took them a good 5 minutes to find Keegan's heartbeat, it was the longest 5 minutes of my life. They monitored me and the baby for 45 minutes and I had two contractions, and when she checked me I wasnt dialating and so she sent me home and told me to follow up with my doctor on Monday, cuz they could only do something if I was in labor. I hadn't felt Keegan move all day, but as soon as those monitors were on he wouldn't stop, I dont think he liked the pressure.
That Monday I went in and wasn't able to get an appointment with my regular doctor, but I was just glad to be seen. He looked at my chart and was amazed that they didn't have me in sooner to check my cervix, or have me on bedrest so he immediately order an ultrasound. And the first thing I see is Keegans feet kicking right at my cervix, which also hurts like crazy, and I thought, this can not be good. And the ultrasound tech didn't say anything which made me worry even more. And I waited for the doctor to come and deliver the news, and he was completely shocked that my cervix almost doubled in size in a week. And has no clue how it happend, apparently prayer does work. So this little guy is going to stay inside mama till he is nice and ripe.
I feel him moving all the time now, and have been on the ground in tears before, when he gives my cervix a nice swift kick. Although he is being shy and not let anyone but mommy feel him move, I have even seen him move but of course he wont do it when Correy is around.
Oh and we counted our baby bottle filled with change the other day and we have 220 dollars so far, the more we get, the better stroller Keegan will get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Move or not to Move is the Question

We Are Pregnant!!!!

Nursery Under Construction