Getting my Health on Track

So since I have gotten married I have gained around 40 pounds and no matter what I tried I could lose the weight. I tried working out, counting calorie, and nothing worked, I was so frustrated and so after several doctors visits we figured out the problem and it wasn't my fault I couldn't lose weight. I was told that I had polycystic ovarian syndrome, which was also most likely the causes of my miscarriages. What usually causes the cysts on the ovaries is having high insulin levels that cause your progesterone levels to be low and your testosterone levels to be high. So finding this out was good and bad. It meant that I could get put on a medicine called metformin that would make my insulin less reactive to my sugar levels. Which in turn would regulate out my hormone levels and slowly make the cysts disappear, and will help me to lose weight. So thats the good, and the bad is that Correy and I could have a long road ahead of us, with fertility treatments in order to have kids.
But I have only been on the medicine for a few weeks and I have already lost 7 pounds, and I haven't even been exercising, just watched the sugar and carbs I have been eating. Although I did have a rough first week on the medicine, In the evening I would start getting body aches, head aches, fever, ect and just in general feel horrible, and after talking to the doctor they told me that those were sugar lows since I hadn't eaten in 5 or 6 hours. I had not realized that I could have sugar lows, but since my insulin was made less reactive, when my sugar starts getting low my insulin wouldn't react like everyone else's, or over react like it did before the medicine. And when the doctor told me to watch my carbs and sugars, I apparently took it a little too seriously. But I am doing much better and after three months on metformin I will go back in to the doctors to see if I need an adjustment to the medicine or if I need to add any other medicines to the mix. All I can do now, is eat healthy and pray for the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Move or not to Move is the Question

We Are Pregnant!!!!

Nursery Under Construction